The renovation at 21 Juster St, Annerley was beautiful.The home sits on a 607 square metre block and it’s leafy surround make it perfect for a family buyer.Marketing agent with Place Coorparoo, Jamal Naouri, said the suburb is drawing plenty of interest.“Annerley is a hub for busy working young families and we’re finding demand is high with many moving to the local area,” he said.“They’re wanting homes that are fully renovated as they don’t have time to do it themselves.”A crowd of 50 onlookers watched three bidders take the price from a $720,000 kick-off to eventually reach $1.05 million where it was declared, “Sold!”The buyer, Logan Drain, said couldn’t have been happier with the result. The Nundah site was bought by developers.IT WAS a cool and overcast Saturday in Brisbane but that didn’t stop auction spotters from rocking up to events.The morning kicked off at 43 Marvin St, Holland Park where a modest but well positioned three-bedroom, one-bathroom cottage on 749 square metres of land was on offer. 39 Sunny Ave, Wavell Heights had the agent and auctioneer running a marathon to secure a sale — but it was worth it in the end.The striking three-level, six-bedroom, four-bathroom home has a cracking southerly aspect taking in the lights of the CBD and views through to the Bunya Mountains.An opening bid of $1.3 million received no counter.This saw a flurry of activity as marketing agent from Southerby’s International Realty Ascot, Joseph Lordi, ran a marathon between the buyers and seller.Most of the 85-strong crowd waited around to see the offer raised to $1.61 million, and the property was declared “on the market.”With no other bids forthcoming, the buyers could celebrate their new digs.Nearby, developers were keen on the prospects for 79 Bage St, Nundah.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home6 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours agoThe developer buyer of 79 Bage St, Nundah, is taking some time to consider his options.There were 23 registered bidders battling it out for the 1630 square metre site and its two-bedroom colonial home.The holding is a grouping of four separate titles and it’s flexible potential created hot competition according to marketing agent at Ray White Ascot, Damon Warat.“They are not making any more land and if you could find a bigger block of land with city views this close to the CBD then you should buy it,” he said.Come the fall of the hammer the property achieved $2.55 million — selling to a local developer who will land bank the holding while planning a project.A classic circa 1920s character home at 21 Juster St, Annerley that’s undergone an extensive renovation has seen the seller’s hard work pay off with a big auction result. 43 Marvin St, Holland Park West failed to sell but there’s still plenty of post-auction interest according to the agent.Selling agent with Place Bulimba, Shane Hicks, said interest had been good for the home which has a backstory.“The house itself was moved here in 1929,” he said.“It was moved from Kangaroo Point to make way for the story bridge, so it’s got a bit of a history to it.”Holland Park West is one of those go ahead suburbs — well established, wide leafy streets and plenty of character to appeal to a broad buyer demographic, said Mr Hicks.“We’ve had first homebuyers … we’ve had investor looking at it for the long-term growth of the land and we’ve has some developers who’d like to knock the house down — the house hasn’t always lived here … so you can actually take it down and end up with a magnificent block of land.”Unfortunately among the solid turnout of around 40 onlookers, there were no registered bidders and the event was over soon after it began.Mr Hicks said despite the outcome, there were buyers keen to put the property under conditional contract and he expects a sale will soon be finalised.One of the day’s property jewels was the event held at 39 Sunny Ave, Wavell Heights. Logan Drain and his family are “stoked” to be the new owners of 21 Juster St, Annerley. Photo supplied.“It’s the right size for us and we’re stoked,” Mr Drain said.“They’ve done a great job on the renovation.” 64 Robe St, Grange made its mark today too with auctioneer Haesley Cush very pleased to achieve a $935,000 result for the two-bedroom renovator on 617 square metres.“It was a cracking auction with agent Kim Ridings at Ray White Alderley registering four registered bidders in front of a big crowd,” Mr Cush said.“The opening bid came in light and low at $600,000 but the property was called on the market at $901,000 and sold for $935,000.”Mr Cush wasn’t resting on his laurels though. Two hours later he fronted up at 120 Harcourt St, New Farm where he secured $1.175 million for the modest but superbly located five-bedroom home on 498 square metres.
SIMEC Atlantis said it has completed the proposed sale of the company’s stake in its Canadian joint venture at the FORCE facility in Nova Scotia, Canada, to its renewable energy development partner DP Energy group.DP Energy has acquired the remaining 50% interest in Atlantis Operations (Canada) Limited (“AOCL”). Following completion, AOCL will be renamed to become Rio Fundo Operations Canada.The cash transaction enables the DP Energy group to take a more integrated approach to the AOCL berth alongside its pre-existing wholly owned berth at the FORCE facility. This transaction returns C$400,000 to SIMEC Atlantis and, according to the company, allows the management team to focus resources on other opportunities in the UK, France and Asia and will allow the DP Energy team to focus efforts on the development of the tidal stream industry in Nova Scotia.Tim Cornelius, Atlantis CEO, said: “I am pleased that we have been able to agree this sale with DP Energy. They have experience and presence in Canada and are well suited to deliver a project in Nova Scotia. This transaction returns value to our shareholders and allows us to focus on the exciting opportunities across the SIMEC group.”Simon De Pietro, DP Energy director, said: “DP Energy is delighted work with the Nova Scotia Government to promote the development of tidal energy as a major source of renewable electricity production in Canada and we are eager to take on the exciting challenges provided by the tidal resource in the Bay of Fundy. The venture adds further depth to the growing portfolio of renewable energy projects of the DP Energy group of companies worldwide. “
“In #NYJvsNYG, the defender significantly hinders the receiver’s opportunity to catch the ball. The ruling on the field is changed because there is clear and obvious visual evidence of defensive pass interference.” – AL pic.twitter.com/DPiORSHdMd— NFL Officiating (@NFLOfficiating) August 9, 2019Gase explained in his postgame press conference that the Jets were pleased with the result of their challenge, but also acknowledged there could be confusion around it as the season goes on.“It’s interesting. We just got to keep working through it,” Gase told reporters. “I’m sure there will be mistakes made along the way where it’s like should we have challenged that, should we have not of. You are trying to go off of the way that we’ve been explained over the years of of the whole DPI, OPI, so that seemed like the right time, and we all felt good about it and then we got the result that we wanted.” The Jets’ Adam Gase became the first coach to successfully test out the new pass interference challenge rule in his team’s preseason opener Thursday against the Giants. The call came during the third quarter when Jets quarterback Davis Webb threw an incomplete pass. It was intended for Tim White, but Giants cornerback Corey Ballentine was seen on the replay holding White’s left wrist while the ball was coming toward the two players. No flag was thrown, but Gase challenged the no-call. The Jets ultimately were rewarded with a gain of 33 yards on the play after officials determined Ballentine interfered.NFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron explained the challenge on Twitter through the NFL’s officiating account, writing: “The defender significantly hinders the receiver’s opportunity to catch the ball. The ruling on the field is changed because there is clear and obvious visual evidence of defensive pass interference.” Related News The Broncos were the first team to challenge the pass interference rule last week in the Hall of Fame Game against the Falcons, though they were unsuccessful. The first challenge of a pass interference call.Hear the explanation behind the call. pic.twitter.com/CPKoUDLE1u— SNF on NBC (@SNFonNBC) August 2, 2019The league’s competition committee unanimously recommended the rule for instant replay of pass interference for this season only. NFL owners can then decide to extend, alter or eliminate it entirely.The change comes after last season’s NFC championship game between the Saints and the Rams when there was a non-call on Los Angeles’ Nickell Robey-Coleman, though replays showed clear contact on the play. NFL preseason 2019: Kyler Murray nearly perfect in Cardinals debut NFL preseason 2019: 3 takeaways from the first big night NFL news and notes: 49ers’ Nick Bosa to miss the preseason; Browns trade running back to Texans