motorola moto g9 power phone has a huge 6000 mAh battery » Gadget Flow

first_img– Advertisement – The Motorola moto g9 power phone comes equipped with a 6000 mAh battery—more than double that of an iPhone 12—and lasts up to 60 hours on a single charge. Use this device to capture crystal-clear shots, thanks to the triple 64 MP camera. Also, the dedicated Macro Vision camera provides four times the zoom while retaining all the details on your subject. In addition, the Motorola moto g9 has a 6.8-inch Max Vision HD+ display for a wide aspect ratio. Therefore, you can immerse yourself in videos, images, and games. Furthermore, with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and 4GB of RAM, the phone offers a lag-free performance. And the 128 GB of built-in storage is plenty for the average user. For a storage boost, use the microSD card for an additional 512GB. Finally, the device is water repellent, so you don’t need to worry about spills or splashes.last_img read more

Virus sets off new school closures in Australia

first_imgMELBOURNE – Australia’s Victoria state has recorded 17 new cases of COVID-19, resulting in the closing of two primary schools in Melbourne. State Premier Daniel Andrews said there would be “significant community transmission” among the new cases. Andrews said one of the new cases was from a person in hotel quarantine, two were from known outbreaks, three were from routine testing and 11 were under investigation. The two schools have been closed for thorough cleaning after students from both schools tested positive for the coronavirus. Victorian State Premier Daniel Andrews addresses a press conference in Melbourne, Australia, Tuesday, June 23, 2020. AP The suburbs where the schools are located are two of six local government hot spots in recent weeks. (AP)last_img read more

Youth World Cup players lifting their training intensity-Simmons

first_imgPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, (CMC) – Young West Indies opener, Keagan Simmons, says the players vying for selection for next year’s Youth World Cup, have been gradually lifting their training intensity.The group have been training for most of the year, undergoing camps and overseas tours, in preparation to defend the title the region captured last year in Bangladesh.With the Christmas holidays approaching, the players are expected to be involved in yet another training camp, which Simmons has identified as “crucial.”“So far it has been good. All the guys have been working in their prospective territories to get better and the December camp is going be very crucial as a team going into the World Cup,” the 18-year-old said.Before that though, everyone knows how much work they have to put in.”The Under-19s are coming off a recent similar camp in Grenada which wrapped up last weekend, where they were once again put through the rigours as they fine-tuned their preparations for the January 13 to February 3 tournament in New Zealand.Simmons highlighted the intensity of the camp but said players understood the value of the quality preparation.“Everyone knows how important this camp was as the World Cup gets close. There is a lot of pressure on all the players to perform,” he pointed out.Trinidadian Simmons has been a key member of the set-up over the last year, featuring prominently on the tours of South Africa and Zimbabwe last July.The left-hander struck an unbeaten hundred against South Africa U19s in Durban, to help the Caribbean side clinch that series 3-2.However, Simmons said there were areas of improvement to his game which were highlighted during the recent camp.“I think for the time I was in the middle I was batting well. I found the gaps frequently so the runs was coming,” he explained.“What was disappointing was the way I got dismissed – playing very early on a slow track. Once I grow in that regard I would score a lot more runs.”West Indies Under-19s have been installed in Group of A of the Youth World Cup alongside Kenya, South Africa and the hosts.last_img read more

Steeplechase runner Haley Cutright adjusts to Syracuse’s limited facilities

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Haley Cutright is no stranger to obstacles.A steeplechaser, her primary event includes running, jumping over barriers and splashing through pits of water.Yet perhaps the most challenging aspect is simulating the event without water — something she’s forced to do because Manley Field House doesn’t have it.“It is tricky because nothing feels the same practice-wise as jumping in the water pit,” Cutright said.The steeplechase involves hurdling over seven beams, the last of which a pool of water awaits on the other side.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textBut SU doesn’t have that pool and Cutright can’t practice like she would run a race. Despite this, Cutright, a senior, will look to pick up where she left off a season ago when she finished ninth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the Atlantic Coast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships.Cutright knows falling into the water at some points is inevitable, but the experiences doing so have helped her learn how to keep going after landing in it.The trick to limiting those falls requires consistent repetition. Without water, though, the event is extremely difficulty to recreate in indoor practices.“You want to land close enough where you’re out of the water but you still land in the edge of it so you can get a little cushion,” Cutright said.SU head coach Chris Fox acknowledged the difficulties Cutright may face in preparing without water. Instead, they focus on the running and jumping aspects of the event.Fox said that runners like Cutright prepare specifically for the steeplechase two or three times a week. While Cutright always builds her endurance practicing with the distance runners, on these days she polishes her hurdling technique in special drills.Most schools don’t start practicing the steeplechase until May, Fox said. Cutright, though, has been simulating it even before the start of the fall season.“I think that kind of really shows her personality,” Maura Linde, a teammate of Cutright, said. “She’s very tough.”Cutright follows a strict pre-race regimen: 10-minute warm-up run in the morning, a consistent eating routine of peanut butter and banana sandwiches, eggs and oatmeal, and meditation a couple minutes before the race to calm herself down.She remembers the Southeastern Conference championship her sophomore year at Ole’ Miss, her first year running the steeplechase. While falling in the water is an extremely common part of the race, Cutright had yet to take that dive. Until then.“I had never fallen in the water before, and I fell twice,” Cutright said. “So it definitely hit me hard.”Cutright has fallen many times since then, but says she now views it as just another part of being a steeplechaser.“I’d like to see her score in the conferences in the steeple,” said Fox, who echoed a similar level of high expectation.Now, a more experienced Cutright is prepping for her final season, one that she hopes will take her to the ACC Championships and NCAA regionals. She doesn’t get to practice on an actual steeplechase track and she doesn’t get the chance to jump into a pool of water.She knows that, regardless, there will always be tumbles after the gun goes off. But each time she falls, it’s a little easier to get back up.“You know that you’re going to fall at some point,” she said. “You try to avoid it as long as possible but once you actually do fall, you’re like, ‘OK, it’s not the end of the world.’” Comments Published on March 30, 2015 at 11:37 pm Contact Matt: mralex01@syr.edulast_img read more

Nick Martin emerges as SU’s do-it-all player in crucial situations

first_imgSusan Martin cried tears of joy in the stands of Koskinen Stadium at Duke. Sitting next to SU defender Marcus Cunningham’s parents, she hollered as her son Nick won faceoff after faceoff in the fourth quarter, sparking Syracuse’s comeback over then-No. 3 Duke.About 825 miles away, Nick Martin’s brother Jeff’s phone was blowing up with texts from Susan. Jeff waded through the crowds of Ultra Music Festival in Miami to see his brother’s highlights from the end of SU’s win.But for Martin, entering his first career ACC game down by two in the fourth quarter, winning five straight faceoffs was business as usual.“Any time my number is called I just try to be ready and fortunately we got a lot of good bounces,” Martin said. “I just had to keep the ball down for 3-5 seconds.  It was a really big win for us as a team.”While the rest of SU’s faceoff specialists combined for 7-of-27 at the faceoff X, Martin went perfect in the game’s final five minutes. Martin has entered games in tough situations all season. As a backup faceoff specialist and the short-stick defender on No. 9 Syracuse’s (7-4, 4-0 Atlantic Coast) man-down unit, Martin is often called on sporadically to give his team a lift. And almost always, he has delivered.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThrough 11 games, Martin is 8-for-11 at the faceoff X. While the bulk of his minutes have come on the man-down unit, he occasionally faces off — even though many people told him he would never do so in college, Susan said.In high school, Martin took faceoffs for Detroit Country Day School (Michigan) all four years. Although he holds his high school’s record for faceoff wins, Martin’s only season as a specialist came during his freshman year. He hated just taking faceoffs and not being involved in other parts of the game. But he wanted to play and did whatever he could to see the field, his father Jefferson Martin said.That is part of the reason why Martin plays the short-stick on the man-down unit. In high school, Martin technically played offense and defense. But like most high-school midfielders, he said he focused on offense.“I used to make fun of him that he couldn’t guard his own shadow,” Jefferson Martin said.But when Martin came to Syracuse in 2015, there were 16 offensive midfielders and only a handful of defensive midfielders. He saw that as an opportunity to contribute earlier, he said.During his 2016 freshman season, Martin redshirted and spent practices working on his short-stick defense, a role that he wasn’t completely used to. But he also continued to practice facing off. Martin switched to a long-pole defender last season, but still worked in the “sandbox” — SU’s faceoff practice area — with specialists Ben Williams and Danny Varello.Now back to short-stick defense, Martin has wowed his team in crucial situations, assistant coach Lelan Rogers said. Entering this season, Martin became the short-stick defender on SU’s man-down defense. As the lone short-stick, Martin has to play “quarterback.” He has to see the rest of the field and communicate with his long poles where they need to slide.Against then-No. 7 Notre Dame, SU’s man-down defense held the Fighting Irish scoreless in all eight of its opportunities. What makes Martin so useful on the man-down is his off-ball ability, vision and lacrosse IQ.“He can see things before they happen,” said teammate Nick DiPietro, who also plays on the man-down unit. “Martin already knows where people are going, and he can point that out.”Against the Fighting Irish, the coaches decided against playing their typical zone with Martin in the middle. They wanted him to faceguard Mikey Wynne, who is tied for the UND lead in man-up goals. Wynne did not shoot a single time on the man-up.“Nick’s a very intelligent player,” Rogers said. “He’s the smartest player on the team GPA-wise (4.0 in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management), and he plays that way on the field.”Against Army, Martin wasn’t supposed to play due to a shoulder injury. But in double overtime he was called on to help the man-down unit prevent an Army game-winner. SU killed the penalty and won in the next overtime.As the season has progressed, Martin’s role on the team has grown, and so has his recognition. Martin and his family received dozens of phone calls, texts and emails from other family, friends, former coaches and even some Syracuse lacrosse alumni after Su’s win over Duke, Martin said.“He’ll do some things we don’t even coach sometimes that makes us look like geniuses,” Rogers said. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on April 17, 2018 at 12:00 am Contact Matt: mdliberm@syr.edulast_img read more

REVEALED: CROOKED BISHOP CONDUCTED SHAM MARRIAGES IN DONEGAL

first_imgGuilty: Pat BuckleyA CROOKED bishop convicted of carrying out illegal marriages conducted three of the sham ceremonies here in Donegal, we can reveal.Pat Buckley, who is 61, was excommunicated by the Catholic Church more than a decade ago and now operates an independent church. He was given a suspended jail term after he admitted his involvement in sham marriages when he appeared in court in Belfast.Buckley, of Princes Gardens, Larne, was given a three and a half year jail sentence, suspended for three years after admitting 14 charges of conspiracy to defraud.He performed marriage ceremonies between illegal immigrants from Asia and Portugese women. He charged €400 plus expenses and conducted three of the marriages here in County Donegal.Sentencing him, the judge told him: “What you did was wrong. You committed a series of serious crimes which you did for a financial reward.”“Nothing can disguise the fact that you, as someone who professed to be a man of God and who should have been setting an example to others of how to behave, let yourself down, let your ministry down and betrayed the trust of all those to whom you should have been providing leadership and guidance.“The loss of your reputation is bound to have hit you hard.”An organised crime detective said the sentencing marked the culmination of an investigation that “spanned three continents and has lasted over four years”.“This investigation uncovered the systematic abuse of the EU immigration system in which criminals, some from a professional background, provided false documentation for work permits,” said PSNI detective Andrea McMullan.Speaking after his sentencing, Buckley said he felt a “strong sense of compassion for those who must live outside the EU in profound poverty and appalling circumstances”.“I am glad that the judge and the prosecution accept that I have provided solace to the outcasts and that my door is always open to the downtrodden.“I am sorry for allowing my compassion to bring me to the point of breaking the law – the laws that our society agree upon.“I did not intend to offend my fellow citizens, but I accept that I have, and again for that I want to say that I am sorry.”REVEALED: CROOKED BISHOP CONDUCTED SHAM MARRIAGES IN DONEGAL was last modified: December 22nd, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BishopconvictedcrookPat Buckleylast_img read more